2.2

Router change so lost wifi connection and just needed to enter the new router name and PW .Should have been easy but, no, it would not reboot.

Called Tech support. First tech support person was not only hard to understand but did not seem to know what to do. I asked for a senior tech support person. He transferred me to Jerry.

After 45 minutes I asked how long he has been with Nest. He told me 3 months and is a senior tech. I asked if he knew the drop cam platform which many of us have and he said he was NOT there the day they reviewed the drop cam platform. He says nest no longer supports drop cam platform so new tech support employees are clueless how to help those of us still on that platform meaning you need to switch over to nest.

So I did while Jerry was on the line. It still didn't work. I could tell he was learning on my time. Took 1.5 hours and he could not help me get it working.

A few weeks ago, another tech support person took 2 hours of my time and could not help with a different problem. That one was due to their server as I could fix it when their server got up to speed. And, it took over 15 minutes to receive an email from Nest when we, jerry and I changed my PW. Server issues may be causing the same problem with the change of wifi/router.

When tech support has to read their online tutorials while the consumer is on the phone to help a consumer, it is not going to be a quick fix. As he could not fix my problem he offered a 20% loyalty discount for me to buy another camera. $40 off of a new $200 camera. Really???

He was telling me my current drop cam camera that was running well will not be supported by their nest platform so I need to buy another camera? It is NOT my camera it is their platform and tech support people who need more education to be of help to the consumer. Really sad. Stay clear of Nest product.

The product works well I might add but tech support is not up to speed should you have a problem. When it was drop cam those tech support people were fantastic and knew their product.

Not so in this case.Twice!

Review about: Nest Labs Security System.

Preferred solution: get someone who knows the old platform to help me .

I liked: Product.

I didn't like: Tech support inability to resolve the issues.

Had an Experience with Nest Labs?

Comments