Ocoee, Florida
4.9

The bottom line - Nest makes fantastic, state-of-the-art, reliable products. I own 2 of the thermostats and just installed 5 outdoor nest cams at $200 / cam. The problem is that they only offer 2 cloud storage option subscriptions to store your history with their Nest Aware offering. Don't get me wrong you get some great features for it but those prices are also a bit high for cloud storage especially if you have multiple cameras. T

Currently as of 10/24/2016:

1) 10 day - $100 per year per camera with a $50 discount for each additional camera

So for me - that would be $300 / year - to store 10 days of history for 5 of my cameras. That I spent $1000 on.

OR - They also have:

2) 30 day - $300 per year / camera with a discount $50 discount per camera ($250 per year)

This is ridiculous for home consumers who want simple home security. I used this for home security, if nothing happens on that day - it can be overwritten the next day for all I care. Nest - please make an option for home security for owners to choose how much storage they want or offer and entry level package to store 1 or 2 days storage at a reasonable price.

Review about: Nest Labs Aware Subscription.

Reason of review: I feel they are taking advantage.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Products.

I didn't like: Subscription costs.

Had an Experience with Nest Labs?

Comments

Clarksville, Indiana, United States #1267069

I ordered a nest thermostat November 28 2016.Made 4 calls to nest support and talked to 4 order management people.

Never did receive the thermostat. I'm out $212 dollars charged to Discover card. Got run around about why it hasn't shipped. The 4th call told them I didn't want the thermostat because after a month of waiting, the $100 Vectren rebate would expire at the end of the year if not installed and mailed.

Still no resolution as of 1/7/2017.Nest.com

imiscue @ yahoo

Lansdale, Pennsylvania, United States #1259790

There are many options available for security cameras. You knew what the options were going in, so don't complain about it after the fact.

to Anonymous #1259845

Your comment is not helpful and obviously you don't know anything about cloud or even subscription-based services for that matter and further more you don't know anything about attracting the broader market.No there aren't many options available for security cameras, especially like what NEST offers, that's why they can get away with charging high-subscriptions prices.

This platform provides a voice for consumers so companies can reconsider their offerings.Next time think before you comment, instead of just trolling.